[life] Making a space my own

I haven't been at my place very long - and I'm slowly trying to make the space feel like home. It's not a large space, but at the same time, it's not a hole in the wall either. I'm trying to incorporate pieces that are simple, but that still speak to my personality. I'll do a full apartment post another time, but for now - just a sneak peak!

Everyone that knows me knows that I love simple, neutral colors, but with little pops here and there. I also don't like anything too commercialized or something that anyone else has. So for decor, I knew I wanted to incorporate something I'd done myself - and also include others in it. I recruited two of my friends to each pick a color of acrylic paint, and along with one color I'd chosen - I came up with this number (before touchups!) using this DIY as inspiration!:



I put it up above my couch after touchups, and I love it! It's the perfect piece to start centering other decor around - and I love that my artwork includes my friends. It's no Van Gogh, but hey - it's not about being professional or amateur, but making your space your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment