[cafe] Doughnut Plant

There's something about summer that makes me want to travel, and now that summer is coming to a close and fall is just around the corner, I guess I've put travel plans on hold... but that doesn't mean I can't go in search for some delicious food, right?  When you can't go to New York... bring New York to you - in the form of doughnuts.


I always pass by this doughnut place, but have never had the time to be able to stop by. So when I had a day off (national holiday) I made my way over to try "New York City" doughnuts from Doughnut Plant.

Now, let's be quite honest... doughnuts are doughnuts... and unless they're Fonuts (which I am dying to try), I don't really see a huge difference - but I was very much impressed with this place.

The location that I went to (Bangbae Main branch) was fairly remote, but decorated in a modern-vintage sort of feel, with plenty of seating.




I immediately thought it would be a great place to get some studying done with some friends - comfy seats but not too comfy (right? amirite?)



There was an assortment of donuts, and the assistant in the back was super helpful with what would go best with my coffee (did I want sweet, or savory? citrus or vanilla? rich or light?) and I stood at the counter for a good 5 minutes deciding on a donut. In the end I went with a half-chocolate dipped cake donut. It was a great choice, I must say. But I'm definitely curious to try the other flavors there.


To find your way to this Doughnut Plant, head to Sadang Station and take bus #5524, 4318 or 4212 to Isugyo (이수교). Go back up the way you came, about 100 meters. Doughnut Plant will be on your let. For other Doughnut Plant locations, check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment