[life] It's that season again

I love this time of the year. The leaves crunch under my feet, and it feels like hot chocolate... you know that feeling. One of the perks of living in Seoul is that you actually get to experience Fall and Winter transitions and the boot-lover in me can't get enough of it.

I'm one of those crazy people that believes that as soon as it's November, it's an appropriate time to start thinking about Christmas. So this year, because I'm still on a high of "yay me, you do you" - I bought my first Christmas tree. Granted, it's not the biggest tree in the world, and yes it's artificial. But hey, it's a cute, little, humble guy - and it fits in with my tiny apartment quite well.

One of the reasons that this season is so special to me is that Thanksgiving and Christmas were always such warm holidays. I never got into Black Friday so Thanksgiving was purely about family and food and fellowship.... Also, Christmas in my family was never really about gifts, but about family and cake, and maybe a special trip somewhere. It was about the experience and understanding that we're here on earth for a purpose larger than just myself... it's about Christ. What better reason to celebrate than that?


No comments:

Post a Comment