[life] Getting the hang of things

It's definitely taking some getting used to, this place. But I love it in all its glory. As I write I'm staring outside floor to ceiling apartment windows and I can hear cars driving by, kids playing in the apartment complex, horns blaring, and businessmen and women chattering away heading off to their after-work lives. I can see for what seems like a mile - but all I see are skyscrapers. This is Seoul. A rush of modern, noisy, gloriousness (is that a word, gloriousness?)

I've been here a few days now and I'm still getting the hang of things. Like rush hour. And public transportation - oh boy, public transportation... how I missed and didn't miss you at the same time. It's my worst nightmare trying to get home during rush hour and yet it reminds you in its pushy, not so subtle way --- this is Seoul, kid. You gotta love it.

And I've met some great people in the few short days I've been here - employees at stores, baristas (I'm sure you saw that one coming), and even made some new friends. What else lies ahead? I'm not sure, but I know it will be good.


This is home for now, and I'm slowly settling in... which, as it happens... is happening faster than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment