[life + food] Moving - coffee, vegan airline food, and jetlag.

So I have officially moved to South Korea! It's definitely a change, and the past 48 hours here have been anything but easy. But I'm still so excited to be here and I'm sure I'll be writing more about it as the days, weeks, and months go on.

But let's go back a couple days - my trip. Back in Indonesia I lived a couple hours in a smaller town away from the airport in a major city, so I decided to spend the entire day in the city and take the red-eye out that night. I got to meet up with some friends and catch up before I left, and I even made friends with a barista at Starbucks. All in all, a successful day.

My transit was in Denpasar, Bali - and apparently the airport is going through major renovations, not to mention that June is peak season for vacationing... so it was pretty chaotic. But I had dinner at the Starbucks at the airport (do you see a trend here?) and then headed out - leaving Indonesia, heading to Korea!

This leg of the trip was interesting because it was my first time ordering a special meal. I rode through Korean Air - which is always just so hospitable and I'd heard good things about their vegan meals. So I went for it.


So that's the meal in all its glory: fruit, an apple, some bread with vegan "butter", lettuce wraps, and some steamed veggies. I know it may not look completely great... but it was actually pretty good. The lettuce wraps were a bit tangy but sweet and just had some great flavor inside the wrap with veggies like zucchini, carrots, and onions inside. Great seasoning overall.

All in all, I'd recommend it - I'm actually really excited to try other vegan airline foods if they're this good. It definitely beat regular airline food that comes soaked in MSG, butter, salt, and who knows what. After arriving in Seoul at 6 in the morning, I felt pretty energized and ready to hit the day.

Anyhow, now I'm in Seoul and trying to get adjusted. More updates to come as I make my temporary home here!

No comments:

Post a Comment