[food] Vatos Urban Tacos

When I was still living in the US, I split my time between my home state (North Carolina) and California. Something I felt that both states shared was the love of Mexican food. When I moved to Indonesia, though, I had to give up my love of tacos. There were no taquerias or dude, even a Chipotle (though... let's be honest, that's not Mexican food).

I didn't expect to find anything I would love in terms of Mexican food here in Seoul - but then Vatos proved me wrong. Thank you, Vatos.

Vatos Urban Tacos is a Mexican restaurant with a main branch in Itaewon and another one in Sinsa, and an express station in Apgujeong's Galleria mall. My favorite is the Itaewon branch, and though there's usually a wait - it only makes the tacos taste better. And let's think about it for a sec, don't the great places always have a line? Well, there ya go.

The atmosphere is dimly lit, and fair relaxed. There are areas of tables, and also a bar.

These pictures definitely don't do the food any justice. Sorry! Dim lighting! But we feasted on carne asada tacos and also a fusion style "Korean BBQ" taco.

And to top it all off - the Kimchi nacho fries. Yes, it sounds nasty... but it was amazinggggg. I will be the first to tell you that I am not a huge Kimchi fan by any means. But the seasoning and the sauteeing of the kimchi makes it melt like butter in your mouth. Trust me on this one. 


To head to Vatos Urban Tacos Itaewon, head to Itaewon Station (line 6) exit 1. Walk straight down until you see the Standard Chartered bank on your right. Vatos will be on a small incline to your right. You'll see the people, don't you worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment