[food] The Booth (Gangnam)

You know those days when you just crave an oily, greasy pizza?

...

No, just me?

Well then.

For those of you that are in agreement about cravings for delicious greasiness... well, you know that it's not easy to find that in Korea. Perhaps the pizza is still greasy, but it's definitely not what I'm used to. Korean-style pizza tends to favor toppings on toppings on toppings... and those toppings are anything but traditional. I've had pizzas with sweet potatoes, sweet corn, and even straight up mayonnaise (oh goodness).

Thankfully, there are places like Brick Oven in Gangnam (a post for another day) that serve straight up American-style pizzas... but sometimes I feel like I need a more affordable outlet for my pizza cravings. And I found that at The Booth in Gangnam. It's a hidden location, and they're not even advertised outright on/in the building... but they have a following, so I guess they don't feel the need to advertise - if that doesn't say something... I don't know what does.

The entrance is a bit sketchy... but don't let that fool you.


It's a very relaxed atmosphere, with camping chairs and stools as seating and wooden pallets and metal canisters for tables.



You order up at the counter and there are two options for toppings: cheese or pepperoni. That's what I'm talking about. You can get it by the slice or by whole pizza. Slices are 3,000 won each (I think), and a whole pizza is 21,000won. (you can tell which option I got!)


We ended up getting a whole pizza, half pepperoni and half cheese... and had a couple of slices left over which they happily packaged up after we were done.


Overall, I was super-pleased with the Booth... relaxed, casual, and a nice place to come relax with your friends. Affordable, too - which never hurts.

To find your way to the Booth in Gangnam, go to Gangnam Station, exit 5. Turn right into the alley way, and after 2 blocks turn left. Cherville is the name of the building, and the Booth will be on the second floor. Ask for directions if you need to - it's a bit difficult to find!



No comments:

Post a Comment